When a club registered breeder is expecting puppies an ad will be placed on the Weimaraner Klub website listing the litter details so prospective puppy buyers can contact breeders directly and the onus then falls on the breeder to select the owners for their puppies.
Free Litter Announcements
When a club breeder is expecting a litter, a free litter announcement will be loaded which will contain the following:
- Expected Date or Date of Birth (if born)
- Sire & Dam of litter
- How many total puppies, male and female
The litter announcement will not contain breeder contact details, but interested visitors to the site will be asked to complete the contact form so Admin can share their contact details with the breeder
As soon as a bitch is confirmed in whelp, inform the club at [email protected] stating:
- The registered names of parents
- Expected date of whelp
- Supply all contact details of breeder
- Photographs may be included
- Forward copies of K.U.S.A. Registration Certificate & H.D. scores of both parents to the club (The details in ‘1 & 2’ to be sent to: [email protected])
This is a service for club members only, and only puppies that will be KUSA registered will be advertised, on condition the breeder abides by the Breeding Code of Ethics (see below)
Paid Advertising for Weimaraner Klub breeders is allowed at a cost of R200 per year. These ads include full contact details of the breeder so visitors will be able to contact breeders directly. The club website receives a lot of search engine traffic from interested Weimaraner puppy buyers, so this is the ideal place for you to market your kennel and website (if you have one)
To place a Paid Advert, contact the club with the details in the format below, along with proof of payment of R200 paid into the Nedbank bank account: Meyersdal Branch, Branch Code: 152042, Account No: 1520012683
Area of Residence
Code of Ethics for Breeders
A Breeder by accepting Membership of the Weimaraner Klub of Gauteng will agree to abide by the following:
- Must be a paid up member, in good standing, of the Klub and K.U.S.A.
- Members will not allow their bitches to whelp more than once in every 12 months or to be mated before 18 months of age or to whelp after the bitch’s eighth birthday
- Members will not allow their stud dogs to mate bitches of less than 18 months of age or which would produce a litter after the bitch’s eighth birthday or within 12 months of whelping a previous litter
- Will forward a copy of the K.U.S.A Registration Certificate and H.D. score of the dog/bitch to the Klub.
- Will conform to the H.D. restrictions as described by K.U.S.A.
- Dogs/bitches with a Grading of A1, A2, B1 can be bred to dogs/bitches with the same grading or that of B2, C1, C2.
- Dogs/bitches with a grading of B2, C1, C2 may only be mated to dogs/bitches with a grading of A1, A2, B1
- Will not sell any dog to a commercial wholesaler or retail pet dealer
- Will ensure that all relevant K.U.S.A. documents are provided to the new owner when selling or transferring a dog, and will agree in writing, to forward any relevant documents at the earliest opportunity, if not immediately available.
- Will not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed, nor falsely advertise dogs nor mislead any person regarding the health or quality of the dog. Specifically the breeder will not breed with a dog/bitch with Eliminating Faults as detailed in the Weimaraner Breed Standard (available on the club’s Website and KUSA’s Website).
- Will not breed with a dog/bitch with colour other than Grey or with Blue colouring (refer updated FCI Breed Standard effective 31 March 2016)
- Will abide by these conditions for entry on to the puppy list
- Will ensure that any stock from which they breed will be registered with K.U.S.A.
- Breach of these provisions may result in expulsion from the Weimaraner Klub of Gauteng and/or disciplinary action by the Klub
Puppy Advertising and Breeder Listings Disclaimer
The Weimaraner Klub of Gauteng provides these puppy ads and breeder contact details as a service to our members and to persons who are looking for good quality, healthy Weimaraner puppies from well established K.U.S.A. registered bloodlines
However, the Weimaraner Klub of Gauteng disclaims liability for all the adverts found on our website.
The Weimaraner Klub of Gauteng accepts no liability whatsoever for any occurrence arising as a result of advertising/buying dogs and puppies on this website and are not responsible in any way, for the quality, nature or history of any dogs advertised or purchased. It is the responsibility of the advertiser, reader and user to verify the authenticity, reputation and history of the advertiser or buyer and their dogs or status before entering into any kind of agreement. It is and remains the responsibility of the individual concerned to make the appropriate checks and do the research into all relevant matters concerning their decision or purchase.
Please contact us for more information at Tel: 0828960378 or E-mail: [email protected]
Below is a list of Weimaraner Breeders registered with the Weimaraner Klub of Gauteng. Contact details will only be supplied when puppies are expected as per the regulations above
DRUTANER: Brian & Beryl van Druten
EWEIMAR: Etienne & Marie de Klerk
GATEBEAUTIFUL: Cobus Meyburgh
GUNDALF: Yoan Bosch
HIMMELSEIN: Natasja van Staden
MISTY LOWLANDS: Yvonne Hollander
SABAKA: Tienie & Renee Minny
STAHLBERG: Ray & Lilian Taylor
ADKE: Adele Comley
SPITZENREITER: Thomas du Plessis
STARCITY: Jacolette & Albert de Jongh