When a Klub registered breeder is expecting puppies an ad will be placed on the Weimaraner Klub website listing the litter details as well as the full contact details for the breeder so prospective puppy buyers can contact breeders directly and the onus then falls on the breeder to select the owners for their puppies.
Procedure for puppies to be advertised on the website:
- As soon as a bitch is confirmed in whelp, inform the Klub stating:
- The registered names of parents
- Expected date of whelp
- Supply all contact details of breeder
- Submit proof of payment of R200 to Klub
- Forward copies of K.U.S.A. Registration Certificate & H.D. scores of both parents to the Klub (The details in ‘1 & 2’ to be sent to: [email protected])
- The expected litter will be posted on the website with all contact details of the breeder, as soon as points ‘1 & 2’ are met.
- When the litter is born submit all details to Klub stating number and sexes of whelps. Photographs may be included. The webmaster will post these details with all contact details of the breeder on the website. (This information to be emailed to: [email protected])
Code of Ethics for Breeders
A Breeder by accepting Membership of the Weimaraner Klub of Gauteng will agree to abide by the following:
- Must be a paid up member, in good standing, of the Klub and K.U.S.A.
- Members will not allow their bitches to whelp more than once in every 12 months or to be mated before 18 months of age or to whelp after the bitch’s eighth birthday
- Members will not allow their stud dogs to mate bitches of less than 18 months of age or which would produce a litter after the bitch’s eighth birthday or within 12 months of whelping a previous litter
- Will forward a copy of the K.U.S.A Registration Certificate and H.D. score of the dog/bitch to the Klub.
- Will conform to the H.D. restrictions as described by K.U.S.A.
- Dogs/bitches with a Grading of A1, A2, B1 can be bred to dogs/bitches with the same grading or that of B2, C1, C2.
- Dogs/bitches with a grading of B2, C1, C2 may only be mated to dogs/bitches with a grading of A1, A2, B1
- Will not sell any dog to a commercial wholesaler or retail pet dealer
- Will ensure that all relevant K.U.S.A. documents are provided to the new owner when selling or transferring a dog, and will agree in writing, to forward any relevant documents at the earliest opportunity, if not immediately available.
- Will not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed, nor falsely advertise dogs nor mislead any person regarding the health or quality of the dog. Specifically the breeder will not breed with a dog/bitch with Eliminating Faults as detailed in the Weimaraner Breed Standard (available on the club’s Website and KUSA’s Website).
- Will not breed with a dog/bitch with colour other than Grey or with Blue colouring (refer updated FCI Breed Standard effective 31 March 2016)
- Will abide by these conditions for entry on to the puppy list
- Will ensure that any stock from which they breed will be registered with K.U.S.A.
- Breach of these provisions may result in expulsion from the Weimaraner Klub of Gauteng and/or disciplinary action by the Klub
Puppy Advertising and Breeder Listings Disclaimer
The Weimaraner Klub of Gauteng provides these puppy ads and breeder contact details as a service to our members and to persons who are looking for good quality, healthy Weimaraner puppies from well established K.U.S.A. registered bloodlines
However, the Weimaraner Klub of Gauteng disclaims liability for all the adverts found on our website.
The Weimaraner Klub of Gauteng accepts no liability whatsoever for any occurrence arising as a result of advertising/buying dogs and puppies on this website and are not responsible in any way, for the quality, nature or history of any dogs advertised or purchased. It is the responsibility of the advertiser, reader and user to verify the authenticity, reputation and history of the advertiser or buyer and their dogs or status before entering into any kind of agreement. It is and remains the responsibility of the individual concerned to make the appropriate checks and do the research into all relevant matters concerning their decision or purchase.
Please contact us for more information at Tel: 0828960378 or E-mail: [email protected]
Below is a list of Weimaraner Breeders registered with the Weimaraner Klub of Gauteng. Contact details will only be supplied when puppies are expected as per the regulations above
DRUTANER: Brian & Beryl van Druten
EWEIMAR: Etienne & Marie de Klerk
GATEBEAUTIFUL: Cobus Meyburgh
GUNDALF: Yoan Bosch
HIMMELSEIN: Natasja van Staden
MIRVAL: Johann and Malindi Snyman
MISTY LOWLANDS: Yvonne Hollander
SABAKA: Tienie & Renee Minny
STAHLBERG: Ray & Lilian Taylor
ADKE: Adele Comley
GERCA: Carine Buitendach
JANITY: Janine Wolhuter
TOLON: Kathy Cook
SPITZENREITER: Thomas du Plessis
STARCITY: Jacolette & Albert de Jongh